Research not for publishing papers, but for fun, for satisfying curiosity, and for revealing the truth.

This blog reports latest progresses in
(1) Signal Processing and Machine Learning for Biomedicine, Neuroimaging, Wearable Healthcare, and Smart-Home
(2) Sparse Signal Recovery and Compressed Sensing of Signals by Exploiting Spatiotemporal Structures
(3) My Works


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Speeding up Latent Dirichlet Allocation (LDA)

Alex has wrote a blog entry on the speed issue of LDA and released his fast LDA algorithm that performs on many computers. Here is the blog entry: http://blog.smola.org/post/6359713161/speeding-up-latent-dirichlet-allocation

In Purdue's MLSS 2011, I was lucky to attend his lectures on graphical models. I like his lectures. The only regret is that I really hope he could give more details on LDA and its variants; for example, giving a detailed development on a variant of LDA models. But I understand the time was limited. After all, the lectures serve for a seminar, not for a college class.

 (Image credit to Alex's Lecture Slides)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for introducing this implementation? It's exactly what I'm looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog as I get almost very concept I want to know but this I didn't understand the concept you mentioned above. Actually I am bit confused with the given figure. It will be better if you can describe the figure.

    ReplyDelete